Given the current increase in Covid cases, the various immunocompromised members of our community, and the large portions of our community who are too young to receive the vaccine, we will be proceeding cautiously and in complete unity and love on behalf of all community members.
Towards that end, the following is our revised 2021-22 policy aimed at preventing the spread of any contagious illnesses including Covid-19:
- Check your family for symptoms prior to attending any co-op day or community event. Please stay home if any member of the family is experiencing cold or flu symptoms or symptoms of any contagious illness such as cough, fever, fatigue, aches, loss of taste or smell, sore throat, shortness of breath, or vomiting or diarrhea. Also, please stay home if anyone has a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 or another contagious illness, or has come in contact in the last 10 days with a person who has been confirmed or suspected of having Covid-19 or another contagious illness; however, if Covid testing is done and negative (either the PCR or rapid test, not the over-the-counter test), return to co-op can be 24 hours after symptom-free. Please notify us of any of the above situations immediately.
- Temperature checks will be done upon arrival to any co-op day or community event, and in the event that a family member has a temperature of 99.4 degrees or higher, the family will need to leave for the duration of the day/activity. Furthermore, if any of the above symptoms arise during the school day or a community activity, we ask the affected family to notify us immediately and please leave for the duration of the day/activity.
- All community members above the age of 3 are required to wear a mask that covers the nose and mouth while indoors and outdoors throughout class days. Masking can be relaxed when social distancing indoors and outdoors briefly to drink water bottles or to enjoy a snack, though eating and drinking should take place outside whenever possible.
- Lunch will be enjoyed outdoors with family units socially-distanced from one another whenever weather permits, and will move indoors with the same requirements only when necessary. Once lunch is over, mask-wearing will resume.
- When weather permits, classes will largely take place outside, particularly the 4th through 9th grade classes. When classes are indoors, the windows will remain open and box fans will be used to draw in outside air wherever possible.
- During morning gathering, family units should sit together in every other pew and socially-distanced from other family units. During worship indoors, no singing will take place outside of the performer(s) at the front.
- Social distancing: The community will strive to social distance 3 to 6 feet apart to the best of our ability. Physical markers will be used by all 4th through 9th grade students to guide them in following social distancing guidelines during classes both indoors and outdoors.
- Handwashing and the use of hand sanitizer is encouraged throughout the day. Thoroughly sanitizing materials and surfaces in classrooms should be done at the end of each day.
- This policy is subject to change based on the discretion of leadership at any time.
- While these measures will help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and other contagious illnesses, they are not guaranteed to be effective. Each family should assess their risk, determine what level of risk is acceptable, and decide whether attending Beloved Community Co-op is appropriate. Families who elect to attend Beloved Community Co-op do so at their own risk.