Diversity is where everyone is invited to the party.
Equity means that everyone gets to contribute to the playlist.
Inclusion means that everyone has the opportunity to dance.
Dr. Robert Sellers
We are committed to:
- Cultivating a sense of belonging for all families through an emphasis on relationships and community
- Ensuring diversity at every level of leadership including teachers, staff, and board of directors
- Providing an education which reflects the value and beauty of God’s complete tapestry of all humankind
- Selecting literature and curricula that represents a wide range of voices and perspectives
- Teaching from a decolonized and antiracist perspective
- Emphasizing the less frequently taught, hidden figures and events of minority and marginalized communities
- Appointing a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion Coordinator to provide exclusive oversight and support
- Facilitating education for teachers, leaders, and families in the area of DEI
- Ensuring a safe and inclusive community for all families through interviewing prospective families and seeking regular feedback from all community members
- Evaluating the policies of curriculum providers and book publishers and verifying that they are explicitly supportive in words or reasonably align in content with DEI standards
- Creating healing spaces and times for listening and lamenting